Position: Procurement Associate
Reports to: Head of Finance
Gross Salary: 4,500,000 (Shillings per month)
Deadline: 25th July 2017 (No hard copies are expected, and any form of phone canvassing will lead to disqualification).
Mavek Cleaning Services Ltd is the top provider of commercial cleaning in Uganda. At Mavek Cleaning Services we believe that a clean, fresh appearance is more inviting for customers, which helps a business retain and increase its load of clients. We ensure quality service for companies and organizations and they hire us with the confidence that we will be able to meet all of their commercial building cleaning and office cleaning services needs professionally, affordably, and efficiently.
Following continued periods of growth and a desire to further expand our client base, in this commercial contract cleaning business we would want to hire an enthusiastic and creative all round Procurement Associate to our team.
This business currently operates across Uganda, targeting corporate offices, commercial sites, buildings, hotels, leisure parks, warehouses, Arcades, high rise buildings in the region to promote their cleaning services.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to really make an impression, with plenty of autonomy and scope for you to be creative in your approach.
Job Summary: The Procurement Associate will oversee procurement and operational functions for all the contracts in Uganda. S/he will ensure cost efficient use and procurement of resources and in accordance with company rules and regulations. The incumbent will work closely with Head of Finance team in all the contracts and projects Mavek Cleaning Services (U) Ltd is handling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential vendors, develop specifications for the product, solicit bids, and with finance department, prepare an analysis of the bids and a final recommendation.
- Liaise with Quality, Health and Safety manager (QHS) to analyze the quality of the cleaning products to be used in clients’ premises or facilities.
- Keenly analyze and reconcile supplier’s invoices for all ordered and supplied goods and services ensuring they are adequately supported on a daily basis
- Work in liaison with Finance, and seek out clarifications with suppliers on invoices
- Scan through the LPO book on a weekly basis and follow up with suppliers to submit any outstanding invoices
- Post all issued LPOs into quick books on a daily basis
- Receive goods from suppliers and verifying against the LPO in consultation with the users
- Ensure ordered services and goods are provided satisfactorily as per the specifications and subsequent billing for such services received accurately and on a timely manner
- Maintain an up to date and easily accessible filing system for all procurement documents
- Perform any other assigned duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Procurement Associate job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s in Procurement, Logistics, Business Management or equivalent field and 4 years’ working experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Keen attention to details and understanding of suppliers payment cycles/procedures
- Attending to client cleaning product needs and ensuring product quality and safety.
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across all country offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
If you believe you are the person we are looking for please send your soft copy of CV with 3 referees to email@example.com before 25th July 2017 (No hard copies are expected, and any form of phone canvassing will lead to disqualification).